Sunday 3 June 2012

Bubble Bobble!

I've recently been getting back into cross stitching. Whenever I say I cross stitch to friends they think it's hilarious, try as I might, I just don't seem to be able to convince them that not all cross stitching surrounds cats, forever friends, or little girls in bonnets having tea parties (I have nothing personal against any of these they just aren't my bag -baby-)
Instead I have been finding patterns for more 'me' things. Particularly gaming ones.

One of my ULTIMATE favourite games is Bubble Bobble.






Anyone who has ever played this with me knows that we aren't stopping until we reach the end, I will eat all of the big fruits/ice creams/fries that fall from the ceiling and I want to do all the bubble popping.
Not a lot of people like playing with me.




Anyway, as a tribute to this amazing game I have cross stitched Bub and Bob.


I know that the blue is a bit off for the colour he is meant to be, but I had to make do with the colours that I had in my possession and I'm really happy with how it turned out.
I found the pattern at www.spritestitch.com - this website is amazing for gaming based crafts!
I am planning on stitching a few of the other characters from the game and displaying them somewhere in a geeky corner of our house.

2 comments:

  1. OH my GOSH! I can't tell how much I loved bubble bobble as a kid. I played that obsessively and I will still love to play! What a weird little game that was! I've never heard anyone talk about it before, I thought I was the only one! Love the cross stiching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love this, I used to be the crazy lady who done cross-stitch in school but it's so therapeutic!

    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I would love it if you left me a comment :)