This is what my face looks like, remember?
We were almost in the 'new start/ new blog territory' but I meant what I said when I said this one was for keeps. Hah!
So instead I have gone for a new blog name instead as 'Good Morning Miss Magpie' was always a back up name as I really wanted 'Good Morning MR Magpie'... but alas somebody already had that name. Anyway I have transformed... like a caterpillar into a butterfly into 'Ever Sew Pretty'. You like? I thought I was like dead clever for coming up with a name with a clever 'two meaning word'...... I wasn't. It turns out there are lots of 'sew blah blahs' around but nevermind I still like it. It is also the name of a new venture of mine into the world of self employment with regards to hopefully selling my handmade goods in exchange for a few pennies to help pay the bills. But hopefully more on that at a later date.
Anyway I thought I would kick start my return to the blogging world by totally jumping on to the bandwagon of the '25 facts about me' posts. I love reading posts like these because I am a nosy so and so.
Let's get cracking, and in no particular order we have........
1. 90% of the time when sitting I curl my toes (all but the big ones) under my feet. I don't know why. I just find it comfy and my toes naturally want to be curled up? Admittedly it makes them look like pigs trotters but the toes go where the toes want.
2. I haven't been to the hairdressers in around 3 years. I cut my own hair which sometimes turns out alright and other times looks like my fringe has been attacked by a child playing with scissors. I had to stop myself from chopping off around 8 inches the other day as I had the urge to just hack into it but then decided I didn't want to do a 'Britney' and I would have almost certainly regretted it.
3. I am quite tall for a girl, coming in at 5ft9. I was the tallest at school until puberty kicked in for the boys and some of them shot up. However I never really felt like a giant until I went to uni; where it would seem I only befriended tiny friends.
4. I have been with Scott for just over 10 years and still cringe at the idea of referring to him as my 'boyfriend'. I feel like it's such a juvenile word and makes me feel about 13. So until he actually puts a ring on it, or if in fact he ever will (:oP) I just refer to him as Scott and people soon come to realise that we are a couple haha.
5. I don't like it when people call me 'Kate'. For some reason this was a very sore point when I was growing up and it used to really upset me, as it also did if people told me to 'shut up'... 'Don't call me SHUT UP' haha. I mean it doesn't make me cry if people take it upon themselves to shorten my already pretty short 5 letter name but it just doesn't feel right. My name isn't Kate, it's Katie.
6. I went to university in Bangor, a small 'city' in North Wales and for the most part absolutely loved it. I studied Sociology, a subject that I had previously never studied before but it was all a very last minute decision to go to uni and so I had to go through clearing which limited my choices greatly. However my intention was to initially study Sociology then switch to Psychology when people dropped out of the course freeing up some space. I didn't end up doing that as I found that I quite enjoyed Sociology. I totally blagged half of my degree, I don't even know anything about one of the founding fathers of Sociology as I didn't go to lectures that day but I still ended up doing alright.
7. I am a Brownie leader and go by the name 'Night Owl' on Thursday nights :)
8. I absolutely love Pepsi Max. Preferably in a can as opposed to a bottle. Hands down my favourite drink. Probs not the best but hey it is 'Maximum taste, no sugar' so surely can't be too bad ;)
9. I am not naturally a big talker. I don't fear silence. Scott talks enough for the both of us anyway.
10. I love dancing. As long as I can remember I have always had a good dance in my bedroom when nobody else is around. I love dancing games, I love watching people dance, I love dance scenes in films. I love dancing, end of.
11. I don't like 'The Big Bang Theory'. It doesn't make me laugh, I don't get it. Sometimes I think I am the only person who feels like this.
12. I pretty much fancy Tom Hardy in most if not all of the roles he has played. This includes 'Bronson' when he had that dodgy tash and shaved head, and 'Dark Knight Rises' with that half mask thing and silly voice.
13. I LOVE GAMES. I don't just mean computer games, which I do love also. I mean board games, made up games, hide and seek, eye spy... the works really. The other week Scott and I played hide and seek but with a blindfold twist because our house isn't really big enough to have many, if any, good hiding places for fully grown beings. I was rubbish at it though because I couldn't help but laugh when he was near me, trying to feel around our furniture for where I might be. This also leads onto my next fact....
13. I am super competitive. However I pride myself on not being a sore loser either and put this entirely down to the fact that growing up my Dad never let me win anything. If I did win him at something it was due to me beating him rather than him deliberately losing. It made me appreciate the times I won and realise that it's OK not to win every time as long as you have fun playing the game.
14. I love snail mail. I love receiving things in the post and writing letters. I always had pen pals growing up and lately have really been wanting to put pen to paper and get writing to someone. Any takers? :)
15. I am such a wimp when it comes to driving. I don't mind tinkering around my local area, I just get myself worked up if I am going somewhere I have never been before and it involves being in or near a city. When I actually get going, I'm fine it's just getting going that seems to be the problem.
16. I have hitch hiker thumbs.
17. When I was growing up I had a favourite hand (the right) which got to do all the 'nice' jobs and wear rings and such, and then the other (the left) that had to do the 'nasty' jobs.... you know like.......... wiping your bum..... too much info?
18. I am really funny with the texture of food. To the point of it preventing me from eating some fruits just because I don't like how they feel in my mouth and don't even get me started on yogurts with fruit in...bleurgh.
19. I love breakfast cereal. I could have it for every meal some days. Most breakfast cereals are welcome to my cereal meals but my favourites would probably be Bran Flakes and Golden Grahams and anything 'clustery', you know with the oaty chunky bits. The latter are really a treat though because they are so blummin' expensive!
20. It would seem that I have a really stretchy mouth. Errrrrm.. Please see exhibit A:
This is from a few years ago but I can confirm that my mouth is still that stretchy.
21. I really really dislike slugs. It's not a phobia, more of a hate towards them. I just think they are disgusting and a main reason for my hatred may be due to the fact that during the first night in our nice new house, I woke to find one having a slimy slug party ON MY FACE. Yes you read that right it was chilling out right on my cheek. It makes me feel sick just thinking about it. So they are most certainly not welcome here, spiders can crawl around to their hearts content but slugs can bugger right off.
22. I am quite scared of Doctors/ Nurses/ Hospitals. I get myself really worked up about it and find myself quite anxious just thinking about having to go. I don't really know the reason why but sometimes wonder if it is to do with having an operation when I was 5 and there being complications.
23. I can't wait to be a Mum.
24. When I was little I thought mirrors and puddles were like gateways to another world where another little girl like me, lived. I would sit and think/daydream stories and events that she was experiencing and want to travel through to her world because it sounded more fun.
25. I don't really drink. I decided that I didn't really like the way it made me feel any more and I used to get monster 'lose a day of your life to the toilet bowl' hangovers, so I just don't see the point. I'm not saying I will never have a drink again and the odd time I will have one or two but for the most part not a drinker.
There we go. Maybe next time I won't leave over 6 months between posts!
See you later alligators xx